It Doesn’t Heal Completely
It doesn’t heal completely.
You will never come back to tell me sorry.
You will never find your way to my
present to apologize for the hurt you
caused and how you wronged me.
And I have to live and learn to
forgive you without an apology.
It was one thing that could have
helped me recover,
but I’ve got to move on without it.
I would never know what you were thinking
Why you did what you did.
I would never get an explanation
from you, even though
it wouldn’t change anything.
But I am seated here. I am facing my grief.
And you are doing just fine.
And I doubt if you ever feel any
remorse for what you cost me.
Because years after, I am realizing
it doesn’t go away. I am paying the
price of whatever your intents were.
Maybe I was collateral damage or you
meant well before it went wrong.
But no one means well with that
type of hurt. Naked in blood and left to rot.
Now when my partners touches me,
I freeze up. And I think of the many
times things went wrong.
I think that it’s unfair that I get to carry a
burden this heavy while you’ve moved on.
But I owe it to myself to clean your mess up.
Because I could cry about it and how
much I wasn’t deserving of it,
it doesn’t change anything.
I hate that this was a cross that I
didn’t have to carry.
You got the planks, put in the nails,
made the cross and placed the weight on me.
How could it not hurt?
An injury of this magnitude,
how could it fade off?
It makes me question my
dreams and ambitions,
it visits me when I try to become.
And most times, I never have
anyone to hold me when I sit down
on my kitchen floor; it feels very lonely.
You made a mess of me and there’s
not a dream or any reality that
can prevent the memory.
I can’t suppress it when it comes visiting.
I wonder why me?
But I couldn’t even wish this on anybody.
You don’t deserve to stop me from the
things I’ve always wanted.
I cannot let the pains keep me from
the form I desire to take.
I stop and acknowledge I didn’t
think it would be this hard.
I didn’t think it would take this much fight.
But it’s okay. Maybe it’s not.
What you took from me cannot be
bought and I’ve spent years denying
how much this hurts and how fast it
comes and cut me off my joy;
I cannot lie about the cost I pay for your acts.
I’ve forgiven you. I owe it to myself to
at least set myself free consciously
and when your acts decides to knock
my door and break in, I cannot guide
myself against the emotions it comes with.
And for years, I thought maybe I wasn’t
strong enough. But how this hurt shows
up would never make me doubt my strength.
Adult me has seizures, made to take
pills every night for the most of my life,
and I crawl up in my bed hoping to never
have nightmares and I hate to take pills
because I don’t want to sleep for too
long lest I see your face in my dreams.
That’s not fair on me.
Sometimes when I look in the mirror,
I see it on me. It’s a scar and I sometimes
can’t cover it up.
It doesn’t heal completely.
It taunts me.
It lives with me…



Comments
Post a Comment